cues overlapping compressed multi measure rest

From: Alex Jones
Subject: cues overlapping compressed multi measure rest
Date: Thu, 2 May 2019 17:09:52 -0400

I am trying to replicate an odd structure, which places cue notes over top of the conclusion of a compressed multi measure rest.
Normally when I make cues I use the << {} \\ {} >> structure such that I might have code like the following, but it breaks up the multi measure rest, any suggestions?

\version "2.18.2"

\layout {
  \context {
    \Score
    skipBars = ##t
    autoBeaming = ##f
PartPOneVoiceOne =  \relative g'' {
  \clef "treble" \key e \major \numericTimeSignature\time 4/4 | % 1

  cis4 -. r b-. r
  R1 \fermataMarkup
  << {\set fontSize=#-2 s1*2
      s2 s4 <a, e'>4 (
      <f' a>2) s2 s1 \unset fontSize } \\
     { \override MultiMeasureRest.staff-position = #0
    R1*3 | % 44
    r4 c2 \pp ^( \stemUp a4 ~ | % 45
    a4 f2 d4 )
  } >>
}

% The score definition
\score {
  <<
    \new Staff <<
      \context Staff <<
        \context Voice = "PartPOneVoiceOne" { \PartPOneVoiceOne }

  \layout {}
  \midi {}