Re: Whole measure rest in 9/4 time

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Whole measure rest in 9/4 time
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2018 01:45:08 -0800

On 2018-12-30 1:21 am, Andrew Bernard wrote:
Hi David,

What does usable-duration-logs mean? The NR internals section says:

usable-duration-logs (list):
'(-3 -2 -1 0)
List of duration-logs that can be used in typesetting the grob.

If I am not mistaken, the value refers to the base-two logarithm of the reciprocal duration of a note. (I think it's the reciprocal, but I might have it backwards.)

So, -3 = maxima, -2 = longa, -1 = breve, 0 = whole, 1 = half, 2 = quarter, etc.

That means setting the usable-duration-logs list to just '(0) means it can only use the whole rest symbol for the multi-measure rest.

-- Aaron Hill