Re: scheme compile error

From: Gianmaria Lari
Subject: Re: scheme compile error
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 11:22:49 +0100

[....]
For me these are not enough clear to understand the problem. Is there any way to get a more precise indication of the error I did?

Yes, by reading the whole output ;-) Sorry for sounding harsh, I agree that it is non-intuitive. But often the messages for "GUILE signaled an error..." are at the very end of the log output, in this case:

Starting lilypond 2.19.82 [Untitled]...

Unbound variable: myvar

fatal error: failed files: "/tmp/frescobaldi-t7hq7cd0/tmpr_qtu9_l/document.ly"

HTH
Urs

No Urs, not harsh at all! You give me an information of great importance!  Next time I will know where to look.

Anyway, it is extremely difficult to see. For a new user it's impossible to see something like this. This is the complete log:

Starting lilypond-windows.exe 2.19.82 [Untitled (9)]...

Processing `C:/Users/GIANMA~1/AppData/Local/Temp/frescobaldi-gtv7n2o_/tmpezxubyco/document.ly'

Parsing...

C:/Users/GIANMA~1/AppData/Local/Temp/frescobaldi-gtv7n2o_/tmpezxubyco/document.ly:2:9: error: GUILE signaled an error for the _expression_ beginning here

test = #

(cond

\markup

\test

Finding the ideal number of pages...

Fitting music on 1 page...

Drawing systems...

Layout output to `./tmp-lilypond-WniCtU'...

Converting to `document.pdf'...

Deleting `./tmp-lilypond-WniCtU'...

Unbound variable: myvar

fatal error: failed files: "C:\\Users\\GIANMA~1\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\frescobaldi-gtv7n2o_\\tmpezxubyco\\document.ly"

Exited with return code 1.

Maybe we should consider to improve it. Thank you Urs

g.