Re: [Lyric+Chords project] required engravers

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: [Lyric+Chords project] required engravers
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2018 11:31:22 +0100

Am Fr., 14. Dez. 2018 um 04:09 Uhr schrieb Kieren MacMillan
<address@hidden>:

> Hello all,
>
> I’m trying to develop a Lilypond lyrics+chords [only] framework, and am
> trying to understand the "cleanest" possible starting point.
>
> The final goal: Given a set of lyrics (either with “inline” durations, or
> durations contained in a melody variable) and a set of chords (with
> durations), Lilypond should automatically output a lyric+chord sheet similar
> to what can be seen in the attached screenshot.

Hi Kieren,

here:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2018-12/msg00147.html
I expressed my doubts it will ever work.

I don't have a clue how to deal with those issues, but I'd love to be
proofed wrong.

Any idea how to tackle:

(1) ligatures
\lyricmode { f -- i }