Re: Problem with accidentals.ly and Lilypond 2.19.82

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Problem with accidentals.ly and Lilypond 2.19.82
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 22:33:18 +0100

Am Do., 13. Dez. 2018 um 21:59 Uhr schrieb Luca Danieli <address@hidden>:

> Thank you David.
> I tried to you convert-ly, but I got the following error:
>
> >convert-ly: error: accidentals.ly: Unable to determine version.  Skipping
>
> what can I do?

Then there is no \version-statement in the file.
Insert the version it was originally was created for, probably temporary.
Or do
convert-ly --from=2.18.2 --to=2.19.82 file.ly
Note, this will only show what would be changed . To actually do it, add -e

Anyway, you can't expect much effect on guile-code, although I think
we have a convert rule whch eliminates superfluos 'parser'-arguments
for 2.19.

> Luca Danieli <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Hi there.
> >
> > I have got a problem. In my score, I have included the library
> > accidentals.ly
> > With Lilypond 2.19.82 I have the error:
> >

> > 163:2<0>: error: GUILE signaled an error for the expression beginning here
> >
> > #
> >
> > (ly:parser-set-note-names parser pitchnames)
> >
> > If I change the line #(ly:parser-set-note-names parser pitchnames)
> > with #(ly:parser-set-note-names pitchnames)
> >
> > the program compiles, but some notes present a X instead of the
> > correct accidental.

Well, first try convert-ly.
If it's not sufficient. You need to post your accidental.ly, otherwise
nobody can help.

And please, _no_ inline images. Attach them, link to them, but not inline.
Meanwhile I've got notifications from more and more companies dropping
any plain text, doing _all_ via html:
It lookes all bright and shiny like one brothel door next to more of
them. The content is hidden, though. Going on my nerves.
Thus I decided to disable _any_ html in mails.
So I can't see inline images, and I will not allow them being displayed, again.

Cheers,
  Harm