Re: Music-function "arguments" - help

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Music-function "arguments" - help
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2018 12:29:36 +1100

Hi Mansour,

The Notation Reference manual can be difficult to follow at first. We all suffer that.

Now that it's cleared up, just by way of example I use this:

dynamicsX-offset =
#(define-music-function (offset)
   (number?)
   #{
     \once \override DynamicText.X-offset = $offset
     \once \override DynamicLineSpanner.Y-offset = #0
   #})

If you are using 2.18 you need to use the parser and location arguments - no longer needed in recent versions.

I can't remember why you need to set the line spanner offset as well. But at the time I wrote this it seemed necessary. Could be redundant.

Andrew