Music-function "arguments" - help

From: mansouraoun
Subject: Music-function "arguments" - help
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2018 17:18:53 -0700 (MST)

Hello,

I'm still quite a beginner in Lilypond and as much as I'm liking how much
customisable is its notation capabilities, understanding it is driving me
crazy because sometimes I can pass more than 4 or 5 hours reading manuals
and blogposts without reaching a simple answer to a simple question.

My current problem is that I'm learning how to write a music function yet
there's this mysterious element in it "nth argument" that I can't quite
understand. I understood all the other elements: the function syntax and how
parser and location should be copied literally, the predicate type and the
body. In this blogpost for example
https://lilypondblog.org/2015/04/defining-a-music-function/
<https://lilypondblog.org/2015/04/defining-a-music-function/>   Urs Liska
demonstrates how to create a simple function. In his/her example, the nth
argument is "my-color". In other examples the argument is
"paddingHorizontal", or "paddingVertical", or just "padding". I searched for
hours for a list of those arguments to see which one I should use for my
need and yet I can't find it anywhere.

I just want to create a simple function with an x-offset for dynamic texts
but i don't know what is the correct argument for this.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!