Re: Problem compiling: music-functions-init.ly

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Problem compiling: music-functions-init.ly
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2018 10:48:08 +0100

Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:

> major and minor are lists with seven number pairs where the cars are
> 0..6 and the cdrs are 0 or -1/2.
>
> I'm not sure how the definition of custom scales works and how much
> freedom the user has to that, but I'd assume that requiring
> number-pairs (probably an unspecified number of pairs) with the cars
> forming a row of natural numbers should be the right thing.

I am not sure whether sequentiality is an absolute.

> As you mention in the other post there should be a specific predicate
> (why not `pitch-alist?`).

For now I did

Tracker issue: 5438 (https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/5438/)
Rietveld issue: 357840043 (https://codereview.appspot.com/357840043)
Issue description:
  Give \key command a better predicate for scale type      { \key c
  major }  should not be accepted at the parsing state, turning
  "major" into '(major) matching the list? predicate.  So instead a
  number-pair-list? predicate is being used which is much less likely
  to be matched by erroneous input.

This is certainly better than what we had, and I don't think it's likely
to trigger with accidental input like previously.

--
David Kastrup