Re: Edition Engraver in 2.19

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Edition Engraver in 2.19
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2018 12:23:24 -0500

Hi Martin,

> I guess the question is: How complex a LilyPonds score has to be before EE
> really starts making things easier instead of just adding more difficulties?

Excluding MWEs for this list, I would say I use the EE on >95% of the scores I
engrave — even in (e.g.) a lead sheet (i.e., one staff of music + lyrics +
chords) for a 24-bar melody.

As soon as I hit the first tweak which is presentation-layer (and not
content-layer), I bring out the EE. The only difference as scores get more
complex is this: with very simple scores, my edition code is the score/output
file; as soon as the score hits a certain number of tweaks, I move all the
edition code to a separate file and \include it in to the score/output file.

Hope this helps!
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info