Re: staff order

From: Ralph Palmer
Subject: Re: staff order
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2018 10:45:46 -0500

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 9:29 AM sean read <address@hidden> wrote:
I'm trying to make my first multi staff lilypond file and finding that I can't figure out how to control the order of the staves. When I use

\version "2.14.1"
\score {
\new StaffGroup <<
\new staff {
\key ees \major g''2 f8 g8~ |
}

\new staff {
\key ees \major aes'8 ees'8 c'2 |

The output always has the staff at the bottom on the top, but then when I move that staff to the top it is still on the top!

How to I explicitly define the order of staves?

Hi, Sean -

I don't know if it's "standard practice", but I always put my individual staves into separate "functions" (is that right?), then combine them, as :

%%%%%%%%%%%%

\version "2.19.81"
Right =
\relative c' {