Re: log output contains error messages in non-default language

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: log output contains error messages in non-default language
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2018 11:44:38 -0500

Hi David,

> Very stupid question: how come you recognize Ukrainian?

My wife’s background is Ukrainian; our children are being brought up with
Ukrainian as their first language; I am somewhat conversational myself (I
understand essentially everything they say or write, but am only ~25% "fluent"
as a speaker and ~15% as a writer.)

That being said, I’m only 95% sure this is Ukrainian and not Russian: there are
no "give-away" glyphs or combinations (i.e., those used often in Russian, but
very rarely in Ukrainian), but it’s a small sample size.

> there might be some correlation (like you trying out a setting once).

My computer — shared with my wife — definitely has system-level Ukrainian
settings, though I don’t remember ever trying it for Lilypond or Frescobaldi.
I’ll see if there’s a switch somewhere that I can [re]set.

Thanks!
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info