Re: My finances.

From: Karlin High
Subject: Re: My finances.
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2018 12:10:10 -0600

On 11/9/2018 11:26 AM, David Wright wrote:
If you're UK-based and sending foreign currency, you should of course
use a credit or debit card that has no foreign currency (loading) fees.

Dunno quite. I think I undersand the idea: by doing a EUR -> EUR transaction in PayPal, the currency conversion would be done on the credit card.

However, the last I knew, PayPal foreign-payment fees are higher for credit cards than for a bank account. I expect it would just take some research to find which method is the most cost-effective.

Here's the PayPal fees chart, for USA-based users.

<https://www.paypal.com/en/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees#sending-other-countries>

I expect there would be a different URL for other countries. This might be the one for the UK:

<https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/cross-border-and-conversion-fees>

--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA