Re: \goto for Lilypond

From: Jérôme Plût
Subject: Re: \goto for Lilypond
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2018 16:17:22 +0100

Sexto Idus Octobres MMXVIII scripsit Jérôme Plût :
> Sexto Idus Octobres MMXVIII scripsit Kieren MacMillan :
> > Hi Jérôme,
> >
> > > and cues in another variable:
> >
> > May I ask why you don’t use the built-in cue system? I’ve found it very
> > useful and flexible.
>
> I do use it! I have another set of macros (not shown here) that
> basically wrap \cueDuringWithClef. (I actually wrote a generator for
> such trivial wrappers, which I use like this:

Oh! I guess you meant, "Why don't I cue directly from the
oboe/bassoon/etc. voice"? In that case, the reason is that I generally
only need to redo the trombone/horn parts (instead of the full 20-25
voices in the orchestra...), so I don't have full oboe/etc. voices to
quote from. Hence the fact that I put all cues in the same voice.