Re: Helper macros for music analysis

From: Jérôme Plût
Subject: Re: Helper macros for music analysis
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2018 19:25:22 +0100

Tertio Nonas Novembres MMXVIII scripsit Thomas Morley :
> > I tried to hunt this down...
> > Although, I still don't know why #(load "file.scm") done in a ly-file
> > stopped working, [...]
>
> Still no clue, though, in ly-files (load ...) works only with an absolute
> path.
> In native guilev2, it works with a relative path as well.
>
> Any hints to boil this down even further?

I am really not that familiar with the Guile module management system.
My best guess is that it has to do with this:
https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/Load-Paths.html

Also, scm/lily.scm contains some allusions to a difference of
behaviour between guile v1 and v2:

(define-public (ly:load x)
  (let* ((file-name (%search-load-path x)))
    (ly:debug "[~A" file-name)
    (if (not file-name)
        (ly:error (_ "cannot find: ~A") x))
    (primitive-load-path file-name)  ;; to support Guile V2 autocompile
    ;; TODO: Any chance to use ly:debug here? Need to extend it to prevent
    ;;       a newline in this case
    (if (ly:get-option 'verbose)
        (ly:progress "]\n"))))