Validity check for lilypond files

From: Noeck
Subject: Validity check for lilypond files
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2018 22:31:44 +0100

Hi,

is there a way to check the validity of a .ly file?

I am thinking of a syntax check – so basically if the parser/lexer can
read it. It should (a) be quick and (b) not produce any output (could be
deleted as a last resort).

Is there something in python-ly that does that? It looks like the
Frescobaldi auto-engraving only runs if the input is valid.

I guess to check everything, I would have to run lilypond on it and see
if there are any warnings or errors. But I am willing to have less
coverage if I can get the result faster.

Thanks in advance for any hints.

Cheers,
Joram