issue 720 and 2968: vertical crop when using EPS backend and some kinds

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: issue 720 and 2968: vertical crop when using EPS backend and some kinds of Staff
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2018 12:26:03 +0100

Hi folks

Every now and then I come back to this issue.
The last time¹ (two years ago) I was deviated to an interesting different workflow. This time I'd be curious to find some pointers for a workaround or, better, solutions from developers :-) The reason why this bug is so annoying is that it prevents me from using great tools such as LyLuaTex.

As I wrote today in this comment:
https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/2968/#c018/5264/1878

a minimal example to reproduce the bug is this:

\version "2.19.82"
\include "lilypond-book-preamble.ly"

\new StaffGroup <<
 \new Staff {
   \repeat unfold 6 a'1*4 \break
 }
 \new TabStaff {
   \repeat unfold 6 g1*4 \break
 }

The second staff at the bottom will be cropped.
This seems to happen (at least with above file) only with TabStaff, DrumStaff, RhythmicStaff and VaticanaStaff, while other kinds of Staff works fine. Is this a good clue to investigate?

Thanks
Federico

¹ https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2016-08/msg00020.html