Re: Octave shifts in polyphonic setting

From: mskala
Subject: Re: Octave shifts in polyphonic setting
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2018 15:28:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 25 Sep 2018, Jogchum Reitsma wrote:
> Restoring this from the first bars affected by adding or deleting apostrophes
> or comma's, sometimes lead again to side effects. Rather frustrating...
>
> Is there a way to prevent this?

Are you using relative mode?  I only use absolute, myself; every pitch
specifies its octave and they don't change depending on the cutting and
pasting of other notes.  I find that the annoyance of having to debug this
kind of thing in relative mode outweighs the convenience of leaving out
octaves on some pitches.

--
Matthew Skala
address@hidden                 People before tribes.