Re: Sample document to show music fonts

From: Br. Samuel Springuel
Subject: Re: Sample document to show music fonts
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2018 11:28:17 -0400

As my general use case is hymns for congregational singing, if I were to find the time to create a sample, it would probably have the following characteristics:

Notes of all durations from 1/16 to whole.
Some of the 1/8 and 1/16 notes would be beamed while others unbeamed.
Some slurs and ties.
Rests of the same range of durations.
Flats, Sharps, and Natural signs.
Both a treble and a bass clef.
Both a common time signature and a numerical one.
Lyrics with all three text families (preferably with normal, italics, and bold represented for all three).
A normal, repeat, and final barline.

In order to keep the sample short, I would not necessarily use real music for this (also because my real music samples would normally only include a subset of these features). However, I think such a sample would cover most of what I need to see in picking a music font for my typical use case.

Would such a sample be sufficiently different from what's been submitted so far to be useful? If so, I can try to make some time to throw something together (maybe this weekend?).
--
Br. Samuel, OSB

PAX ☧ ΧΡΙΣΤΟΣ