Re: Interactive PDF Link to Notes in Preview

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Interactive PDF Link to Notes in Preview
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2018 22:43:56 +0200

Il giorno lun 9 lug 2018 alle 20:32, Mats Behre <"mb.maillists"@gmail.com> ha scritto:
On 2018-07-09 07:56, Federico Bruni wrote:

As the syntax is not Emacs, I guess that Eddie is the editor you want to use and all the emacsclient variables are just the variables you took from the original example. (BTW, I don't think you found it on lilypond website)

You're guessing right.
And where I got it - who knows ... If I'd written it from scratch I wouldn't have called the variables emacs :-) so obviously I found it somewhere, but never mind that.

Found. We must thank Christopher:
http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Lilypond-working-on-Mac-OS-X-10-5-thanks-td33136.html

My problem now is that SwiftDefaultApps silently fails to set this as the textedit target, possibly because my info.plist is too old (it has worked in the past):

This is the info.plist of which application? Eddie?

No, of the helper app. Back when I did this that was a (the?) way to tell the OS that this app handled the textedit URI, but now that I've tested some more it appears that it isn't necessary (anymore?) - I could just create a new AppleScript app and add it in SwiftDefaultApps (I'm not sure exactly what I did to make the adding work though, and I'm not totally convinced that SwiftDefaultApps is bug-free).

One thing I had to change in the script was quoting, see below. I removed the backslash from the space and replaced %2b with an actual plus, because I have one in my path. It's possible that there's some more generic way to translate from the URL encoding, but now it works for me. (And by works I mean that the editor is open with the cursor at the selected note.)

Great news!
I'll give it a try as soon as I have the chance.