Re: \bookparts and scaling

From: crimsonsunrise
Subject: Re: \bookparts and scaling
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2018 20:24:17 -0400

-------- Mensagem Original --------
Ativo 28 de jun de 2018 19:15, Torsten Hämmerle < address@hidden> escreveu:

Flaming Hakama by Elaine wrote
> I was unfamiliar with the next one, which might do the trick:
>
> To set the staff size for a single score within a book, use
> layout-set-staff-size inside that score’s \layout block:
>
> \score {
> …
> \layout {
> #(layout-set-staff-size 14)
> }
> }

Hi Elaine,

Yes, that's the way it should be done according to the documentation, but
the general concern is that this will considerably change the overall
spacing, see attached image:

All the best,
Torsten

If you combine both, say, you do global-set-staff-size, then try to change the size using layout-staff-size in something like a different book part, that will only enlarge the fonts, notes, articulations and text. The staff size will remain the same as what was set by global-set-staff-size.