Re: Add 'generic' padding between two staves (once)

From: Ben
Subject: Re: Add 'generic' padding between two staves (once)
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 18:57:28 -0400

On 6/13/2018 6:49 PM, Torsten Hämmerle wrote:
Hi,

A very simple approach would be to just add some (invisble) markup to push
the staves away from each other, e.g. a space.

%%%% Example
\version "2.19.81"

<<
  \new Staff  {
    \repeat unfold 40 { c''1 }
   % Let's say I'd like to add some extra padding between these staves so
the D/A have more room, without impacting other pages.
   d'1_\markup \lower #4 " "
    \repeat unfold 100 { c''1 }
  }

  \new Staff {
   \repeat unfold 40 { c''1 }
 a''1
  \repeat unfold 100 { c''1 }

  }

%%%% end of snippet

Hi!

It's funny you say that ;) Because as I mentioned, I usually do indeed piggy-back on my markup when I already have it in the score, and that works fine - but I was hesitant to use your technique: I didn't know if there were any serious drawbacks to using "empty-markup" trick for this purpose.

If there isn't any real major side-effects to it, then this is awesome, thank you! This is perfect.