Re: Lyric line's vertical position is shifting from one staff system to

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Lyric line's vertical position is shifting from one staff system to the next.
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2018 10:41:21 +0200

Hi,

I'll soon have to run for my regular job, so I limit my reply to
alignAbove/BelowContext.

> If I use the command - alignBelowContext = "Upper" - on the Lyrics to verse3
> and verse4, then the texts switch place.
[...]
> Why is this
> happening?

In short, because you told LilyPond to do so ;)

More verbose (with pseudo code), look at what you did and how LilyPond
understands it:

(1) you typed:

Staff
Lyrics1
Lyrics2
Lyrics3
Lyrics4

(2) then you told to place Lyrics1 right above Staff:

Lyrics1 align-right-above-Staff
Staff
Lyrics2
Lyrics3
Lyrics4

(3) then you told to place Lyrics2 right above Staff:

Lyrics1
Lyrics2 align-right-above-Staff
Staff
Lyrics3
Lyrics4

(4) then you told to place Lyrics3 right below Staff (same output as before):

Lyrics1
Lyrics2
Staff
Lyrics3 align-right-below-Staff
Lyrics4

(5) then you told to place Lyrics4 right below Staff

Lyrics1
Lyrics2
Staff
Lyrics4 align-right-below-Staff
Lyrics3

All done as specified.

Maybe someone can step in for the spacing, I'll be back in the evening.

Cheers,
  Harm