Re: handbell shake

From: Susan Buckingham
Subject: Re: handbell shake
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2018 11:04:26 -0400

sorry for the delay in response.

I have pulled out two versions of handbell shakes that I have used.
I think the second is a better one, because on the first one I had to keep reminding ringers that all the bells included in the arpeggio bracket were to be shaken.
I was experimenting with left and right padding on the trills in version 1, although my efforts are pretty experimental at this point.
Version 2 uses hidden notes to anchor the right hand end of the glissandos, which messes with the midi output in bar 8 where neither of the shaken notes is to be played on beat 4.
So, I still have some work to do to get both the print and audio to work to my satisfaction.

hope this helps.