Re: Batch-apply tremolo markings? (Frescobaldi)

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Batch-apply tremolo markings? (Frescobaldi)
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2018 23:55:19 +0200

> On 2018-06-04 14:16, Thomas Morley wrote:

> Would it be worth having LilyPond emit a warning when there are hidden
> articulations?  Especially since you make it sound like there could be
> potential problems with saying `<c:16 e:16>` as opposed to `<c e>:16` beyond
> that the tremolos do not render.

I don't think it's a problem having the tremolo in the 'articulations
of notes in a chord. It is simply dead code and not doing anything (at
least at the moment). This is more a matter of code-hygiene.
I'm more concerned about having the tremolo in the chord's
'articulations then in the 'elements.
I vaguely remember some problem with this, can't put my hands on it
right now, though.

Best,
  Harm