Re: Moving just text, leaving articulations in place?

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Moving just text, leaving articulations in place?
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 00:25:07 +0200

On 18.04.2018 18:38, Robert Hickman wrote:
Tried using "\override TextScript.staff-padding" to move the text
annotations in the attached image up but it also moves the Larson
articulation symbols up as well. I want these to stay in the same
place and the text to move up a bit away from them. Is lilypond
treating the articulation symbols as text?

Yes, it does, because that’s how they are implemented. ^\markup "" generates a TextScript grob. Sorry I can’t help with how to generate proper custom articulations (that generate Script grobs) right now – surely somebody else will be able to chime in.

Best, Simon