[INSPIRATIONAL] Transposing switch on toplevel

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: [INSPIRATIONAL] Transposing switch on toplevel
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2018 03:21:23 +0200

Hello everybody,

personally I increasingly feel like I kind of need these inspirational posts about the power of LilyPond, so here’s one of my own: I love how with the attached library file [ly-utility.ily], \include-d in [standard-include.ily], I can just add the following short lines at the top of my input file:

\include "standard-include.ily"

transposer = \transpose es as \etc
\addToplevelMusicFunctions transposer

and all the subsequent music will be transposed without the need to insert anything into any \score {}.

Best,
Simon

PS: Anticipating the question: I think \addToplevelMusicFunctions is in this form or another a candidate for openlilylib, if not even for the main code base.