Re: Fermatas with tremolos

From: Peter Toye
Subject: Re: Fermatas with tremolos
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 09:48:08 +0000

Simon,

I am less worried than yourselves about the "coldness" of the new engraving. As a performer, what I want is clarity and the new version wins hands down.

However, I hate the fermata tremolo which seems to me to combine the worst features of all possible solutions. Presumably whatever software they were using couldn't reproduce the "old" version. Just like Lilypond, but without the ability to tweak.

Best regards,

Peter
mailto:address@hidden
www.ptoye.com