Re: endless tab?

From: Karlin High
Subject: Re: endless tab?
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2018 06:17:54 -0600

On 2/5/2018 3:07 AM, Blöchl Bernhard wrote:
This code is generated automaticly, nice isn't it?

Some parts of that code read as if it had been "minified." The harder it is for humans to read, the harder it is for them to provide good help with it.

I've turned out my share of less-readable code, too. "Whew! Finally it did what I want!" Then someone asks, "Wow, how did you do that? May I see the code?" And I reply, "Well, I guess so, but I'm sort-of ashamed of it. Don't use this coding style as an example to follow."

Lilypond is a nice program but does not use its intelligence perfectly for the good of the user.

Do ANY computer programs do that? In my experience, most are simply tools that do some things well and other things not-so-well. My job is to figure out what they have to offer and how to make the best use of them.
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA