Re: Interesting glitch when using tags ...

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Interesting glitch when using tags ...
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2018 01:59:22 +0100

Wols Lists <address@hidden> writes:

> On 04/02/18 00:33, David Kastrup wrote:
>> Wol's lists <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> I suspect the cause is that I'm mixing slurs and ties, but I'm getting
>>> the following error ...
>>>
>>> voiceTrombone.ily:30:59: warning: unterminated tie
>>>     \repeat percent 4 { f,8[ r f] f[ r f] } | f4.
>>>                                                   ~ f4 r8 | a8-> r4
>>> a8-> r4 | a2. | bf2.(
>>>

>> <http://lilypond.org/tiny-examples.html>
>>
> Yes I know. But looking at the error message, I am quite clearly tying
> an f to an f. So why is it complaining "unterminated tie"?

This very likely depends on details you don't quote.

> I can try and make a minimal example if you like - I'm just puzzled why
> what is - as far as I can see - perfectly correct syntax is generating
> an error message.
>
> NB - the lilypond version is SUSE's latest ...

And of course everybody uses SUSE and knows which is their "latest",
regardless whether we are talking about final releases or test releases
or whatever else.  And naturally there is only a single architecture
they support.

Sigh.  If you are interested in getting help, try investing a minimum of
work to actually make that possible.  If not, why bother?

--
David Kastrup