coding question about include-d tweak/function files

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: coding question about include-d tweak/function files
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 10:28:45 -0500

Hello all,

For those who make heavy use of stylesheets and/or overrides and tweaks:
Do you have one large file? Several smaller files? One file per override?

Currently, I use "several smaller files", e.g.,

    /tweaks/dynamics.ily
    /tweaks/lyrics.ily
    /tweaks/spacing.ily

and so on.

But each of those files is pretty big (i.e., often containing many functions,
many of which comprise a large number of lines). And I'm wondering if there's
much of a performance hit when I load them multiple times (e.g., in a songbook,
where the included file is brought in with each song that is included). That's
especially inefficient if I'm only using one small function from the entire
tweak file.

Thoughts and advice appreciated.

Thanks,
Kieren.