Re: PDF woes

From: Vaughan McAlley
Subject: Re: PDF woes
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 13:08:08 +1100

On 19 January 2018 at 10:13, Travis Weller <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Tim,

The feature has worked wonderfully for me for many years. It uses PDF links that point to lilypond as a "helper app." I would guess I'm probably not the only one using it despite frescobaldi being popular. The change happened when I got a new computer.

The links work with Acrobat... and I'd happily use Acrobat, but as I mentioned before it is a "known issue" that it won't update the PDF file when you typeset repeatedly. The lilypond website says to use Preview.app.

Thanks,
Travis

Apple seemed to break all my custom software every system update. The fix was somewhere in the security settings, and never easy to find. Sometimes I had to relearn XCode to recompile.

I did prefer Preview to look at my scores. Attached is the same score (on Linux - I gave up on Apple) in Frescobaldi (Poppler) and the default Debian PDF viewer. It needs to be viewed at 100% to compare them properly. The main issue is the fuzzy staff line. But I overlook that for the convenience of Frescobaldi.

Vaughan