Re: spanners in multi-voice

From: Edward Neeman
Subject: Re: spanners in multi-voice
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 08:36:40 -0500

Hi Andrew,

If you use \new Voice instead of the double backslash syntax, the
first voice in the << >> brackets continues before and after the
simultaneous music.

\relative c'' {

%1
s2

| %2
<<
   { \voiceOne a16\cresc d~ d4. }
   \new Voice
   { \voiceTwo a8~ a4. }

 \oneVoice a4 b\!
}

Best,
Edward

Dr. Edward Neeman
Adjunct Instructor, South Georgia State College
Collaborative Pianist, Valdosta State University, Georgia
Artist Faculty, ELMS Conservatory, Jakarta
address@hidden
www.neemanpianoduo.com