Re: Crop only top and bottom

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Crop only top and bottom
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2018 13:26:34 +0100

Am 16.01.2018 um 12:49 schrieb Werner LEMBERG:
I have looked for ways to crop the EPS to only two borders of the
bounding box but didn't find anything useful so far.
While I can't help with the lilypond issue, I suggest to have a look
at the `pdfcrop' program that comes with TeXLive: It supports a
`--margins' option.

Unfortunately that doesn't help, as this only allows to *add* margins.
I think it is only a wrapper using Ghostscript anyway, so there should be a direct solution. It's possible to specify the box to be cropped using Ghostscript, and it is possible to crop to the content, which is what LilyPond does (-dEPSCrop).

For the function I need it would be necessary to retrieve the document width and the content box of the original file and then crop it ignoring the left and right part of the bounding box. However, so far I'm poking in the fog and haven't found the proper way to do it. I need a way to compile a score with LilyPond so these informations are present in the resulting file (PDF or EPS) so I can read it either directly from the file or using some tools like pdfinfo or similar.

Any suggestions?

     Werner