Re: Is anyone maintaining midi2ly?

From: Michael Ellis
Subject: Re: Is anyone maintaining midi2ly?
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2018 22:41:12 +0000

On Mon, Jan 1, 2018 at 5:08 PM Gianmaria Lari <address@hidden> wrote:
Ciao Michael,

Thank you for your help, now it works!!
Great. I added some more explanatory text to help others not stumble over it.

Some suggestion about your test page:
- The text box where you can write the music is too large. My screeen resolution is 1920x1080 but I cannot see at the same time this text box and the submit/play etc. buttons
I agree about the height when viewed in a wide window.  There are a couple of ways you can control it.
  1. The text area is resizable. You should be able to drag it from the lower right corner to whatever feels comfortable.
  2. The font sizes are all specified in viewport width units so mobile users will have at least a fighting chance to read it.  On a desktop, if you shrink the width of your browser window the fonts and the rest of the layout will shrink to expose more of the vertical page.
The reason for the tall text area is to support users who want to enter extended music samples.

- The panel with "Choose pitch characters" should be put in the same panel with the others buttons (submit, play etc.); IMHO it is too far from the rest.
That's worth considering.  Thanks!

I've just added a couple of new examples you can paste and try. One is a few bars of a two part duet voiced for flute and guitar. The other is a little percussion pattern for bass drum,  snare and ride cymbal.

Cheers,
Mike
--
Write music faster with Tbon.