Re: Windows 10

From: Ben
Subject: Re: Windows 10
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 16:33:01 -0500

On 11/28/2017 2:33 PM, mhambach wrote:

Hi everybody,

I don’t get any output, not even a log file. Running it in a dos box, these are the last lines:

Line brakes are being calculated...C:/Program Files (x86)/LilyPond/usr/share/lilypond/current/scm/backend-library.scm:176:20: In procedure mkstemp! in _expression_ (mkstemp! tmpl):

C:/Program Files (x86)/LilyPond/usr/share/lilypond/current/scm/backend-library.scm:176:20: Permission denied

Seems that I have some permission problems. However, on which directory?!

Then I went back to the Version I used on my old PC:

The error message is slightly different, but still leading to the same result: no output at all….

Line brakes are being calculated...C:/Program Files (x86)/LilyPond/usr/share/lilypond/current/scm/framework-ps.scm:450:22: In procedure open-file in _expression_ (open-file filename "wb"):

C:/Program Files (x86)/LilyPond/usr/share/lilypond/current/scm/framework-ps.scm:450:22: Permission denied: "song.ps"

The same file on my old computer works fine…

Hi Matthias,

I remember having a lot of confusing and rather odd "permission" errors while using Windows 10 right after I upgraded, but all I can say is what worked for me.

Here's what I remember doing, I believe this will fix your issues:

Uninstall LilyPond completely.
Reboot.
Reinstall LilyPond but make sure to place it in a non-Windows vital location where permissions are complicated or "funky"
(i.e. install LilyPond somewhere like C:/Users/
Matthias/My Programs/LilyPond instead of Program Files, etc.)
Try compiling a score now. If it succeeds, then you are all set.

If you still receive errors, right click on the install folder and make sure you have "full control" permissions AND you are the owner of the directory (and all its subfolders).

Worst case, try and see if running LilyPond as admin at least works to narrow down the problem.

These worked for me and I have not had any issues since on that machine.

Hope this helps! :)