Re: [OT] Grammatic gender

From: Erik Ronström
Subject: Re: [OT] Grammatic gender
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 00:21:34 +0100

Swedish (if anyone’s interested) has two grammatical genders, but they are not
connected to male/female. Third person singular ”den”/”det” would both just
translate to ”it” in English, whereas ”han” and ”hon” (”he” and ”she”) are
separate pronouns only used for people (plus animals and things to which you
have a personal relation).

(So I don’t know if you could say that we technically have four grammatical
genders, I have a vague memory from my school time about it)

Erik