Re: custom articulation position

From: Gilberto Agostinho
Subject: Re: custom articulation position
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2017 09:49:37 -0700 (MST)

caagr98 wrote
> What you're doing is just creating a text script, not an articulation. I
> use the following code to create a custom real articulation; you'll
> obviously have to adapt some of it to fit yours.

Fantastic, thank you so much! This solves both of my problems!

For anyone interested, here is my adaptation of the script:

```
\version "2.19.53"

double-accent-grob = #(lambda (grob)(grob-interpret-markup grob
    #{ \markup\combine
      \musicglyph #"scripts.sforzato"
      \translate #'(0 . 1.2)
      \musicglyph #"scripts.sforzato"
   #}))

#(define double-accent-script-alist
   (cons `("double-accent" .
             ((avoid-slur . around)
              (padding . 0.30)
              (side-relative-direction . ,DOWN)
              ))
     default-script-alist))

\layout {
  \context {
    \Score
    scriptDefinitions = #double-accent-script-alist

doubleAccent =
  -\tweak stencil #double-accent-grob
  #(make-articulation "double-accent" 'midi-extra-velocity 30)

{
  \time 3/4
  \stemUp
  a-\doubleAccent