Re: Regtest for issue 5181

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Regtest for issue 5181
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2017 13:09:29 +0200

Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

> Up to now I've only a vage impression what
> 'parse-lily-and-compute-lily-string' and #(read-hash-extend ...) does.
> I'll currently not dive deeper into it until forced. ;)

 -- Scheme Procedure: read-hash-extend chr proc
 -- C Function: scm_read_hash_extend (chr, proc)
     Install the procedure PROC for reading expressions starting with
     the character sequence ‘#’ and CHR.  PROC will be called with two
     arguments: the character CHR and the port to read further data
     from.  The object returned will be the return value of ‘read’.
     Passing ‘#f’ for PROC will remove a previous setting.

Basically what is done with those does a similar job as
scm/parser-ly-from-scheme.scm does for #{ ... #} in Scheme, just for #[
... #].  Also it doesn't bother to cater for closures or sensible
error/expression file locations.

--
David Kastrup