Re: Creating a 11-line system

From: Nathan Ho
Subject: Re: Creating a 11-line system
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2017 17:44:41 -0700

On 2017-09-21 14:05, Ståle Ødegården wrote:
Hi!

I wonder how I can create a 11-line system with both treble and bass
clefs present.

I have two ideas, but I can’t make any of them work:
- Create a PianoStaff or ChoirStaff and force the spacing between them
to be _excactly_ one line apart - then add the extra line
- Create lots of extra lines in a single staff and set up the two
clefs to mimic a PianoStaff

What could be the best solution to this problem?

hi Ståle,

personally i'd go with the second idea. this part of the notation manual concerns staff modification: http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/modifying-single-staves

the main tricky part is modifying the Clef stencil, which can be done using a markup:

{
  \override Staff.StaffSymbol.line-count = #11
  \override Staff.Clef.stencil = #ly:text-interface::print
  \override Staff.Clef.text =
    \markup
      \combine
        \raise #2 \musicglyph #"clefs.G"