Re: default midi output tempo

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: default midi output tempo
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2017 10:37:23 +0200

> Hi everyone!
>
> I'm new and I'm learning as I go. I've got the Fescobaldi installed and my
> inputs are slow. I know the tempo command can speed this up but I could not
> find what the default tempo is or how it is determined. Thanks for your
> help.
>
> Larry

The relevant context-property for it is tempoWholesPerMinute (which
can be set with \tempo ... )

The default is in performer-init.ly:
  %% quarter = 60
  tempoWholesPerMinute = #(ly:make-moment 15/1)

or you can read it out:

\score {
  { c'1 }
  \midi {
    \context Score
    \applyContext
      #(lambda (ctx) (display (ly:context-property ctx 'tempoWholesPerMinute)))
--> #<Mom 15>

Cheers,
  Harm