Re: Unable to reply to mailing list...?

From: Karlin High
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 16:48:28 +0000

On 9/15/2017 10:32 AM, SoundsFromSound wrote:
> but at the same time never really know for sure if anyone is actually getting
> my replies.

Same here. I thought it was just my Microsoft Hotmail/Outlook being
flaky. Switching list subscriptions to Gmail is on my to-do list. But
now if a Gmail user is having the same problem... not sure anymore.

Also using Thunderbird... I've been clicking the Options -> Delivery
Status Notification menu before sending messages. Sometimes I get a
"lilypond-user post acknowledgement" message, sometimes I don't.
Sometimes messages post to the list even if I don't get an
acknowledgement. But I don't recall ever getting an acknowledgement and
not having the message post. And in one case, messages I'd given up for
lost and re-sent eventually all posted to the list over 24 hours later.

In other cases, I've used the "Reply All" option per instructions. My
post never appeared on the list, but further replies from others did -
so I know it delivered for them. I can try locating archived instances
if it's of help.

Any ideas what we could do differently?
--
Karlin High