Tables with borders (chords structure)

From: Sylvain Brunerie
Subject: Tables with borders (chords structure)
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2017 11:33:56 +0200

Hi,

I want to generate a table showing the chords structure of a song or instrumental tune in a simple way, and I can't find how to do that using Lilypond.

It seems the \chords or \chordmode commands are meant to add chords to a score, so even if I use them on their own, they behave like score: I can't easily control layout (line breaks, alignment), and they don't look great for what I'm trying to do.

Attached is an example of what I would like to have. I guess it should be fairly simple to do using \table, but I couldn't find anything on how to add borders to a table. I would also have to be able to control borders independently in order to have a column for naming parts, and additional bars as showed in the example (great old-time "crooked" tune, look it up!).

I'll be glad to hear your advices on this.

Sylvain