Re: Again: Bad magic number error message

From: Thomas Scharkowski
Subject: Re: Again: Bad magic number error message
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2017 19:33:27 +0200

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Thomas Scharkowski wrote
When I start convert-ly from the terminal, I get the following error
message:

Bad magic number in
/Applications/Frescobaldi.app/Contents/Resources/site.pyc
_

Hi,

Bad Magic Number is a python error I believe, but I have never seen it using
straight LilyPond from the terminal at all. Totally separate from my usage
of Frescobaldi.

What is the full command you are entering into the terminal that causes the
error?

just "convert-ly -e *.ly" or even "convert-ly" alone.

But: magically the "magic number error" has disappeared all by itself - convert-ly does work again as it should. I did not change my system/python installation.
Strange!

Thomas