Re: : Re: transpose range

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: : Re: transpose range
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 06:44:29 +0200

"Peter Gentry" <address@hidden> writes:

> A semi tone difference is indeed noticeable but surely there is no
> semitone between e sharp and f flat?

There is.

> It’s the same key on the piano!

It isn't.

> Where is the semitone?

e sharp (a white key) is a semitone above f flat (another white key) and
your proposed procedure would have been oblivious of that.

That is different to the situation between f sharp and g flat (which
your proposed procedure is designed for) since there is an actual black
key between f and g.

> Instead of enlightening me you simply reply with a superior and
> dismissive tone which is uncalled for.

I let LilyPond _calculate_ that semitone of difference.  Apparently the
code example was too obtuse.  I would not have thought so since we were
talking about Scheme code in the first place, but then I am probably
more skilled talking with computers than humans.

--
David Kastrup