Re: How to change the position of an expressive mark relative to a beam

From: Malte Meyn
Subject: Re: How to change the position of an expressive mark relative to a beam in another voice
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 13:08:31 +0200

Am 23.06.2017 um 12:00 schrieb Robert Blackstone:

In this particular composition this figure occurs many times in slightly
different forms but the main problematic element for me is the extra large
marcato mark halfway between two beamed notes, above the beam. The best result
I have been able to produce can be seen here (ignore the fact that there should
have been a half note at the position of the 8.-note - that does not give a
problem)

How about reusing the tuplet number for this accent?

\version "2.19.61"

{
  \stemUp
  \tweak text \markup \huge \musicglyph #"scripts.umarcato"
  \tuplet 3/8 {
    a''16 \tweak duration-log 1 c'''8
  }
  c'''2