Re: generating midi and simplify code

From: Michael Gerdau
Subject: Re: generating midi and simplify code
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 14:00:48 +0200

Hi Gianmaria,

I definitely would go with Thomas Morley's function. You already have
all your music in variables so creating your midi files is just a
oneliner per file.

I don't understand your reservation w/r to complexity. To me this seems
to be a perception problem on your part. After all you happily use lots
of different and presumably more complex scheme functions all over the
place in your lilypond files. In that sense I'd like to remind you that
a scheme function does not become less complex simply because it arrived
on your computer as part of the lilypond distribution. Quite a few of
the functions that are percieved as "normal" lilypond functions started
as enhancement requests by users (or the contributors themselves).

Just assume Thomas's new function would reside somewhere inside the
lilypond distribution. Would that reduce complexity for you?1

> Is this the correct way to go or is there any way to simplify it?
I doubt there is "the correct way to go" in the first place. After all
usually TIMTOWTDI (there is more than one way to do it)

Kind regards,
Michael
--
 Michael Gerdau       email: address@hidden