Re: Page frames/watermarks

From: Psalle
Subject: Re: Page frames/watermarks
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2017 11:23:34 +0200

On 19/04/17 15:06, David Wright wrote:
On Wed 19 Apr 2017 at 09:29:19 (+0100), Richard Shann wrote:
On Wed, 2017-04-19 at 09:53 +0200, Psalle wrote:
On 18/04/17 20:11, David Wright wrote:
On Tue 18 Apr 2017 at 19:56:08 (+0200), Psalle wrote:
Hello all,

I was wondering how to add a decorative frame to a score within
lilypond, which led me to search too for absolute-positioned images
in the way of a watermark, but found nothing relevant. I'm aware of
\epsfile but in my experience it works inline.

Is there some advanced trickery to achieve this? Thanks in advance
for any pointers.
Thread starting at
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2017-04/msg00135.html
Thanks! So it seems there's no easy in-lilypond way to do such absolute
positioning of things... I could try the latex route suggested therein.
The conclusion that worked for the OP was to use postscript directly in
the LilyPond file, surrounding the code with gsave ... grestore

I don't know how this relates to latex.
It doesn't. The "LaTeX" solution was part of an alternative method,
one which has different advantages. Which one is more attractive
to _this_ OP depends on whether "within" is a binding condition.

In my case I'm proficient in latex and know almost nothing of low level postscript... so that's why I arrived at that conclusion.

Thanks for the clarifications.

LaTeX was a non-essential part of the method anyway, but might have
stuck in the mind of this OP because of the previous OP writing
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2017-04/msg00148.html
The method was really about tools such as pdfjam and pdftk. And the
thrust of my contributions was to (1) dissuade the OP from doing the
task interactively and (2) encourage the OP to question their
colleague about why they were "needing" lines/boxes/frames at all.

Cheers,
David.