Re: Is there a better way of assigning an instrument name to Voice?

From: caagr98
Subject: Re: Is there a better way of assigning an instrument name to Voice?
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2017 19:32:09 +0200

Yeah, I don't think Voice supports instrumentName; my bad. I'd recommend replacing the \new Voice with a \new Staff. Aside from working properly with certain \with properties, I personally think it makes more sense. It's certainly more consistent with the piano staff, at least.

I would also recommend using \new for creating new contexts, and only use \context for referring to existing ones. You can use \with {instrumentName} on the PianoStaff as well, by the way.

Oh, and please reply to the list as well. In Thunderbird, it's [Reply List] instead of [Reply]; it's probably something similar in other clients.