Re: Conflict with "poet" and "Composer"

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: Conflict with "poet" and "Composer"
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 12:30:32 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 1:24 PM, Son_V [via Lilypond] <[hidden email]> wrote:
\header {
  title = "Jesu Rex admirabilis"
   poet = "Simone Verovio (1575 – 1607) - dal 'Diletto Spirituale'"
   composer = "Attrib. Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina (1525 ca. – 1594)"

  tagline = "24 marzo 2017"
}

But even if Frescobaldi says that it has been successfully completed, I don't see any pdf output.

Why? Because there's no \score or \markup anywhere. A lone \header block prints nothing, so the file will compile just fine, but there's no output without other content.

I'd recommend splitting the strings inside a \markup like:

poet = \markup {
  \left-column {
    "Simone Verovio (1575 – 1607)"
    " - dal 'Diletto Spirituale'"