Re: Distance from beginning of bar to first chord symbol when only displ

From: Peter Crighton
Subject: Re: Distance from beginning of bar to first chord symbol when only displaying chords
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 21:58:25 +0100

I’m almost there with the help of adding a voice containing and displaying only spacer rests and using strict note spacing.

Only thing not ideal yet is the narrow space between BarLine and ChordName. Anybody who could point me in the right direction? I tried fiddling with BarLine.space-alist, but to no avail. (I am probably missing something obvious …)

\version "2.19.47"

<<
  \new ChordNames \chordmode {
    \repeat unfold 2 {
      c1
    } \break
    \repeat unfold 4 {
      c1
    } \break
    \repeat unfold 8 {
      c1

  \new Voice \relative c' {
    s1*14
  }

\layout {
  \context {
    \ChordNames
    \consists "Bar_engraver"
    \override BarLine.bar-extent = #'(-2 . 2)

    \override ChordName.Y-extent = ##f
    \override ChordName.Y-offset = #-0.9

    %\override BarLine.space-alist = #'((next-note fixed-space . 2))
  }

  \context {
    \Staff
    \remove "Time_signature_engraver"

    \hide Clef
    \hide BarLine
    \hide StaffSymbol
  }

  \context {
    \Score
    \remove "Bar_number_engraver"

    proportionalNotationDuration = #(ly:make-moment 1/2)
    \override SpacingSpanner.strict-note-spacing = ##t

\paper {
  indent = 0
}

Thanks,
Peter

--
Peter Crighton | Musician & Music Engraver based in Mainz, Germany
http://www.petercrighton.de

Hello all,

I have a layout for lead sheets that only show chords. Reduced to its relevant features it looks like the one below.
There’s only problem with it: depending on the number of bars in a line, the distance from the barline (or beginning of line) to the first chord symbol in a bar differs, which looks very bad.
Can I somehow specify a fixed distance for every bar, independent from the number of bars per line, without doing so manually for every bar?

\version "2.19.47"

\new ChordNames \chordmode {
  \repeat unfold 2 {
    c1
  } \break
  \repeat unfold 4 {
    c1
  } \break
  \repeat unfold 8 {
    c1

\layout {
  \context {
    \ChordNames
    \consists "Bar_engraver"
    \override BarLine.bar-extent = #'(-2 . 2)

    \override ChordName.Y-extent = ##f
    \override ChordName.Y-offset = #-0.9
  }

  \context {
    \Score
    \remove "Bar_number_engraver"

    proportionalNotationDuration = #(ly:make-moment 1/2)
    \override SpacingSpanner.uniform-stretching = ##t

\paper {
  indent = 0
}

Thanks,